Regenerative Roots is a Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm. CSA is a model where customers choose to support a specific farm for a full growing season in exchange for a weekly box of produce (~a grocery bag worth; enough for 2-4 people). The farmers benefit greatly from the financial investment at the beginning of the season (which is the time when seeds, equipment, and supplies need to be purchased) and the members enjoy extremely fresh produce, newsletters with farm updates and recipes, and invitations to events on the farm throughout the season.
As a CSA Member, you are truly a shareholder in your local food economy: you connect with your community, support local farmers, and voice your right to have good, healthy food.
We are excited to join the coalition of organic growers endorsed by the FairShare CSA Coalition! Not only does FairShare offers educational resources for growers and eaters alike, it also provides methods for CSA it be enjoyed by a wider range of folks. Please take a look at our pages on Health Insurance Rebates and the Partner Shares Program to learn more.
Again in 2014, we will be offering Family and Personal shares to accommodate households of every size. Both share types last 20 weeks, from mid-June through late-October. We encourage folks to sign up early to ensure your membership, since we only offer a limited number of shares.
- Our Family share will provide about 9-13 different fruits, vegetables, and herbs each week, enough to meet most produce needs for a family of four, or a couple who just can’t eat too many veggies! 2014 Pricing: $591
- Our Personal share is made especially for smaller households, individuals, or folks who have a little garden of their own to meet some of their produce needs. It tends to include 6-9 different items. 2014 Pricing: $420
Pick Up Site Options:
We will be making deliveries on Thursday afternoons this year into Whitewater and Fort Atkinson. Or visit the farm in Jefferson weekly! Choose the site that will be most convenient to you:
- Regenerative Roots Farm, W6635 Kiesling Rd, Jefferson, WI (Thursdays 3-7pm)
- Downtown Fort Atkinson, 500 N Main St, Fort Atkinson, WI (Thursdays 3-7pm)
- Water’s Edge Whitewater neighborhood, 328 Amber Dr, Whitewater, WI (Thursdays 3-7pm)
- The SweetSpot, 226 Whitewater St, Whitewater, WI (Thursdays 3-7pm)
What’s in a Box?
The following are examples of boxes from last season – June, August, and October to give you a clearer sense of what will be offered in the two shares and at different times of year. We will be uploading more extensive photos of our shares in the near future. All of our 2013 CSA share photos are available on Facebook (even to non-Facebook users).
- Family Share: Bok Choi, Broccoli, Green Garlic, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Radishes, Spinach, Summer Squash, Turnip
- Personal Share: Broccoli, Green Garlic, Lettuce, Radishes, Spinach, Summer Squash
- Family Share: Beets, Carrots, Fava Beans, Chard, Cucumber, Garlic, Basil, Bell Peppers, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Summer Squash
- Personal Share: Beets, Carrots, Basil, Bell Peppers, Potatoes, Cucumber, Zucchini, Tomatoes
- Family Share: Carrots, Beets, Fennel, Garlic, Ginger, Sage & Oregano, Lettuce, Sweet Roasting Peppers, Cauliflower, Spinach, Butternut Squash
- Personal Share: Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Garlic, Sage, Lettuce, Spinach, Winter Squash
~~~ Sound Great? Yeah, we think so, too. Sign-up today using our online application. More details about our CSA program and member expectations are available within our Regenerative Roots Member Handbook~~~
Is the CSA model right for you?
In our many years of working on other CSA farms and during our 2012 season, we have observed what sort of members seem to be the most pleased with their boxes. CSA seems to work best for people (and families) who identify themselves as:
- Someone who enjoys having a personal connection to where their food comes from
- Someone who likes to eat vegetables and fruits
- An adventurous/creative cook
- A flexible eater
- Someone who gets excited about trying new recipes and reading news about farm happenings
- Someone whose schedule allows them to get to their pick-up site consistently each week
Each winter & early spring, we host a series of gatherings to talk a bit more about our unique farm and the CSA method, so you can be sure that our farm’s CSA is right for you. Please check our Events page to learn more current happenings and/or subscribe to our mailing list.